The leading sectors of the economy the Orenburg region are oil and gas chemical complex , ferrous and non-ferrous metallurgy, machinery, building materials industry, and agriculture.
The competitive advantages of the socio- economic development of the Orenburg region are:
- significant natural resource potential;
- the potential for the production of industrial goods (availability of metallurgical, gas and petrochemical industry, mechanical engineering);
- polycentric settlement system ( in the territorial structure of the settlement are several urban centers, Orenburg and Orsk- Novotroitskaya agglomeration );
- geopolitical position of the region at the turn of the Urals and the Volga region, the Russian Federation and the Republic of Kazakhstan.
The main strategic priorities of socio-economic development of the Orenburg region are:
- the development of human potential and create a comfortable living environment;
- modernization of traditional industries with a view to maximizing get them added value;
- development of the food processing industry;
- formation of post-industrial segment of the economy;
- cross-border cooperation;
- development of transport and logistics , and tourism and recreation complexes.
In the region will be developed such areas as biotechnology in agriculture, medicine and pharmaceuticals, energy, information and nanotechnology, high-tech equipment and mechatronics.
Among the most important projects for the area are — the creation of a polyolefin production on the basis of the Orenburg gas-chemical complex, the construction of two modern cement plants in Novotroitsk and the village Akbulak, creating a cluster for the production of household appliances in Orsk, large livestock farms. A promising direction is the production of modern gas-powder fire extinguishing systems in Orsk.
Conducted initial talks with the Eurasian Bank about the prospects of the project of production of cellular concrete in the Orenburg region. The project is of interest to the construction industry regions of Russia and Kazakhstan.
Address of administration: 460015, Orenburg, The Council House
Phones: +7 (3532) 77-96-00, 78-60-12
Official site: www.orenburg-gov.ru