The Industry of the Penza region is represented by electric power industry , ferrous metallurgy , machine-building and metalworking , production of construction materials, fuel, chemical and petrochemical, timber, woodworking, pulp and paper, glass, porcelain and earthenware, light, food, and the milling and feed industries.
The area is a zone of intensive agricultural production, which developed as a livestock and crop production.
The competitive advantages of the socio-economic development of the Penza region are:
- a high level of equipment of the basic engineering infrastructure, the high density of traffic, the proximity to major thoroughfares and well-developed system of intermodal transport;
- available prepared the mineral resource base for the implementation of investment projects in the field of building materials and the development of the agricultural sector;
- innovation infrastructure, the availability of ready to implement innovative projects.
The main strategic priorities of socio-economic development of the Penza region until 2020 are:
- to achieve growth in key sectors of production by modernizing equipment and processes;
- improving product quality and competitiveness;
- the formation of new industries , focused on deep processing of agricultural products, timber, natural resources;
- the development of high-tech modes of production, the services sector;
- energy-saving technologies in production and social sphere.
Address of administration: 440025, Penza city. Moscow, 75
Phones: +7 (8412) 59-52-19, 11/04/55
Official site: www.penza.ru