The leading industries in the Perm region are mining and refining industry , chemical industry , machine building, metallurgy, timber industry .
The main competitive advantage of the Perm region are:
- availability of natural resources (the basis presented by mineral resources , as well as forest and water resources);
- energy surplus in the region (20 % of the electricity supplied to the neighboring regions of the Russian Federation);
- important transit location in the Russian transport network , the location at the crossroads of east-west railway, highway federal highways and meridional water line — the Kama River .
The main strategic priorities of socio -economic development of the Perm region until 2020 are:
- creating an innovation infrastructure of the Perm region
- within which is expected to develop mechanisms to obtain independence from the innovations in the implementation phase;
- the development of aero engine cluster that incorporates a center of Perm engine- based cluster aeroengine;
- location of production for liquid rocket engine booster «Angara»;
- establishment in the center of Perm aircraft maintenance .
In the Penza region was organized the process of creating a high-tech industrial park, which will be specialized in designing and production software, telecommunication, high-tech medical products.
Address of administration: 614106, Perm, Perm, ul. Kuibyshev, 14
Phones: +7 (342) 217-72-50, 217-73-11, 217-71-43
Official site: www.perm.ru