The main areas of economic specialization of the Samara region are the manufacture of cars and auto components , aerospace engineering , petroleum production and refining, non-ferrous metallurgy , chemical, electric power, agriculture .
The major competitive advantages of the socio- economic development of the Samara region are:
- developed and diversified industrial complex, which is based on high-tech manufacturing industries with high export potential;
- high transit potential, developed transport infrastructure;
- availability of the complete Samara-Togliatti agglomeration , which are concentrated in the high-tech clusters are promising;
- the presence of hydrocarbon reserves and other common minerals , as well as facilities for the extraction and processing of the complex;
- the presence of a strong scientific and technological capabilities , infrastructure innovation;
- agroresursny considerable potential;
- presence of unique tourist and recreational resources .
The main strategic direction of economic policy of the Samara region until 2020 are:
- development emerged in the Samara region on the basis of deep technological modernization of automotive, aerospace , oil , chemical, and transport and logistics clusters;
- the development of innovation infrastructure.
In the region are planning to create a special economic zone of industrial type within the municipal district of Stavropol aming to develop high-tech manufacturing industries, production of new products and services (creation of a network of technology parks, including industrial park in the area of high-tech «Zhigulevskaya Valley» in Togliatti).
In addition, planning the construction of large livestock farms, the development of the underground in the city of Samara, integrated development in Samara for mass housing economy.
In the framework of the IX International Aviation and Space Salon «MAKS-2009″ was made a presentation about the aircraft manufacturing capacity of the aerospace cluster of Samara region for both domestic and foreign participants of the Salon. JSC «Aviacor — Aviation Plant» signed letters of intent for supplying 14 aircraft An-140-100.
Address of administration: 443006, Samara, ul. Molodogvardeyskaya 210
Phones: +7 (846) 332-22-68, fax: (846) 332-13-40
Official site: www.adm.samara.ru