The most important economic activities of the Udmurt Republic , which provide the bulk of the gross regional product are mining, manufacturing ( mechanical engineering and metal working, including instrumentation, electric, automotive, armaments ), wholesale and retail trade , transport and communications , agriculture, hunting, forestry and construction.
Udmurt Republic has the following important competitive advantages :
- developed industrial potential;
- the presence of hydrocarbon reserves and mineral resources ;
- developed agriculture.
The main strategic priorities of socio -economic development of the Udmurt Republic in 2020 are:
- maintaining the high quality and competitiveness of human potential ;
- diversification of the economy through the support of high-tech ( Instrumentation and manufacture of electrical equipment, gas equipment , auto components ), and the upgrading of traditional (oil , military- industrial complex , automobile , metallurgy, timber industry , agriculture, light industry) sectors of specialization;
- reduction of infrastructure constraints of economic development and improving the sustainability of the settlement system.
Construction of the plant on the territory of the Republic of Udmurtia producing medicines and medical devices will cause the issue of the medicines that will replace foreign drugs within native market.
Fish-farm complex will be developed, so it will ensure consumer market with saltwater fish in the Udmurt Republic and other regions of the Russian Federation.
Prospects of the development of agro-industrial complex will be linked with the creation of new competitive high-tech agricultural production.
Address of administration: 426007 , Izhevsk, PushkinStr., 214
Phones Administration: +7 (3412) 497-200
Official site: www.udmurt.ru